Accounts Payable Specialist
- Dublin, Ireland
We love what we do at Ancestry, and who can blame us! We work for a company that empowers everyone to discover, preserve and share their family history. Our technology is cutting edge and our database holds more than 16 billion historical records. Our members love our product, and are as passionate about what we do as we are.
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join our International Accounting team. This position is primarily responsible for daily invoicing and payment activities ensuring accounting accuracy and adherence to corporate policies & internal controls.
Key Responsibilities/Performance Requirements:
- Full AP responsibility for your allocated international entities
- Ensuring correct invoice/PO matching, VAT distribution, coding and approval of invoices
- Building relationships with suppliers and employees, resolving invoice and expense claim queries
- Auditing employee expense reports (corporate credit card & cash expenses)
- Review and action the aged creditors listing
- Preparing multi-currency weekly payment runs
- Performing quarterly supplier account reconciliations
- Managing and performing month end close activities of the AP module, working alongside the AP manager to reconcile AP to GL
- Tracking of unprocessed invoices and resolution of same
- Reconciling AP bank items to GL
- Work with the team to implement process improvements where necessary
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
- 2 years+ Accounts Payable experience
- Related accounting support experience, ideally supporting International operations
- Experience with Oracle R11 or R12 preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Thorough with high attention to detail
- Experience processing multi-entity and currency transactions preferred
- Able to act independently, exercising analytical thinking in decision making, and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to deal with others in a professional manner
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52-55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.
Please note: we do not require assistance from 3rd party recruitment companies at this time