Inventory Specialist (Full-Time) - Imaging Operations
- Lehi, UT
The Inventory Specialists are responsible for ensuring that all incoming and outgoing physical and digital content as well as digitization equipment for remote imaging is properly received, inventoried, and input into our various tracking databases. Additionally, Inventory Specialists are responsible to back up all digital content created by the Imaging team, as well as restoring content from those archived backups when necessary for maintenance. This team is also responsible for the preparation of digital image deliverables for our various global archive partners. This is a full-time opportunity with working hours Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, in our Lehi, Utah office.
The application deadline is Friday, April 27th.
- Receive, inventory, and track physical content and equipment accurately and independently
- Prepare physical and digital content for imaging processes
- Ship physical and digital content to external partners
- Ship and maintain digitization equipment for remote imaging operations and respond to needs in a timely manner
- Coordinate the archiving of all digital content produced by the imaging department
- Organize and execute the retrieval of archived digital content whenever necessary
- Manage the delivery of digital content for external customers and partners of Ancestry.com
- Other responsibilities as the Content Production Services Manager sees fit
- Strong written and organizational communication skills
- Strict attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Developed sense of self-motivation and the ability to work productively as part of a team in an unsupervised environment
- Willingness to maintain constant communication with the various administrators of the Imaging Department
- Strong computer and technical skills, particularly Excel is required
- Proficiency in SQL is highly preferred
- Experience in other archive environments is a plus
- Ability and willingness to perform some physical labor (lift 50 lbs.)
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.