Full Stack Developer - Flywheel
- San Francisco, CA, USA
A major component of the ancestry flywheel is to create communities that members can engage in. The M2M engagement team will drive the member-2-member component of this ecosystem via message center, message boards, help content, and more. The primary goal for this team will be to keep customers engaged with continuous generation of insights via the Ancestry community.
Ancestry is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join member to member engagement team. You will join an impressive team of developers, designers and product managers who have built some of the world's most compelling products, producing the world-wide leader in two categories: family history, and consumer genetic testing.
- Performance work including: profiling, time to first byte, browser memory usage, decreasing the overall load time of applications and hitting first meaningful paint.
- Implementation and mentoring other team members on best practices and bringing them up to speed.
- Architecting and building out front end applications to leverage the benefits of Amazon Web Services.
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, UX, and Research.
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed and ensure quality is maintained as development moves forward.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science (or strong foundation in CS fundamentals such as design patterns, data structures and algorithms)
- 2+ years of full stack software development experience
- Development experience with REST, JSON, HTTP, SSL and Caching
- Experience with Reactive architectures and asynchronous code
- Must have at least 1 year of experience coding with Java on the server side
- Disciplined approach to development including QA and Design Patterns
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.