Project Manager/ Technical Writer (Contractor)
- Lehi, UT, USA
As part of the Cloud Cost Governance team, the role will is responsible for managing optimization and planning efforts across the entire organization, along with their associated costs, time and scope. This entails summarizing project plans, building communication plans, allocating tasks and setting milestones for all teams with a cloud spend. In addition, this role prepares and/or maintains documentation pertaining to procedures around cost governance, cost optimization, system operations, internal case studies and learnings, and maintaining knowledge based articles around the use of the tools in place.
- Create and Manage Project Plans
- Define schedules, resource allocation and monitor progress
- Quickly Identify risks and work towards resolution
- Monitor and manage scope
- Foster partnerships with stakeholders and sponsors
- Work multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage documentation
- Research, develop and document technical specifications
- Maintain a library of technical documentation
- Define policy, procedures and processes for document submission and retrieval
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Bachelor’s degree required
Background & Experience:
- Three (3) or more years IT Project Management Experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in technical writing
- ITIL or ITSM and PMP certifications preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Project Management Tools
- Detail oriented, customer focused
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.