User Experience Senior Writer/Editor- 18-100
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Why you’ll want to work with us
We believe that happy, enthusiastic employees make great products. Being part of Ancestry means you’ll have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects, collaborate with a diverse and world-class team, and enjoy an excellent benefits and compensation package
UX SENIOR WRITER/EDITOR
We’re looking for an exceptional writer and editor with an eye for detail to craft concise, helpful, and friendly copy. You’ll work closely with UX designers, user researchers, and product managers to give voice to the company’s websites, mobile apps, and DNA products. If you’re passionate about making great user experiences, we’d love to have you join our team.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with freelancers and internal staff to create content for consumer-facing products.
- Edit, revise, and rewrite content, including everything from user education and historical narratives to landing pages and onboarding flows.
- Work closely with product managers, scientists, designers, and marketing to ensure that content is of the highest quality in terms of accuracy, clarity, readability, and appeal.
- Work closely with user research to test content and integrate learnings.
- Writing user interface copy for web, mobile responsive, and native apps.
What we’re looking for
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- 8+ years experience writing and editing.
- BA/BS in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
- Ability to write for a range of voices and styles.
- Expertise in prioritizing and managing complicated projects.
- Excellent organizational skills plus a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete scheduled tasks on time.
What will set you apart
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage other writers.
- Working knowledge of usability and web design.
- Knowledge of CMS systems.