Senior Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our platforms team. In this role, you will deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, enabling our development teams to serve our Ancestry customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media. As such you will define the experiences in engineering a platform that provides services and frameworks to developers as a secure, scalable and highly available platform by using a variety of technologies such as AWS, kubernetes, Docker, Golang and Java.
Ever wondered what it takes to build and deliver a highly available, global scale enterprise-wide platform with an open source technology stack that simplifies building applications via frameworks such as web-UI kits, style kits and dev libs allowing the uniform delivery of production-ready applications for end-users. Further, ever imagined yourself to deliver a developer-centric and open platform that provides shared services such as secrets management, authentication, notification, caching and content delivery. And lastly ever envisioned yourself to build out an automation platform that enables the seamless, highly available and scalable application deployment through continuous delivery and end2end provisioning. Then join our platforms team if you have the talent and desire to do so!
What you will do
- Be a key player and mentor to a team of highly talented software engineers
- Own technical aspects of software development
- Perform design and development of APIs, services, and frameworks
- Develop a deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Write code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Work closely with product owners on feature sets that impact platform, services and frameworks
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, preferably in Java and some experience in Golang
- 5+ years of experience with design and implementation of distributed applications
- 3+ years of Linux experience, ideally contributed to open source projects
- 2+ years of experience with AWS APIs, cloud provisioning frameworks and container orchestration technology, preferably HashiCorp Terraform and kubernetes.
- Bachelor's in CS required. Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and to articulate solutions, to think abstractly and deal with problems
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.