Cloud Ops/Site Reliability Engineer
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking a Cloud Ops/Site Reliability Engineer to work within a small, high-end team.
This role requires a deep understanding of Linux server administration, Amazon Web Services, scripting/automation and services running on virtualized and containerized platforms. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend and utilize their solid and broad skills.
This role is critical to the success of Ancestry, and as such, requires both depth and breadth in most of the technologies leveraged in a complex data center environment to support multi-tiered applications. Furthermore, a solid understanding of the components required to provide high-availability application and networking environment is required.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide support to Linux Systems, databases, and network troubleshooting, while providing various technical solutions to the business
- Complex problem resolution
- Creating and improving procedures and facilitating communication
- Research, proof, and author technical documentation
Who You Are:
- 5+ Years of experience in a 24X7X365 high availability production environment
- 5+ years of Linux System Administration in a complex data center environment
- Expertise in deploying application servers; such as: .NET, IIS, Java or container in a multi-tier architecture
- Experience with relational and NoSQL DB technologies (MSSQL, MySQL, Cassanda, and CouchDB)
- Relevant technical knowledge of an Enterprise Cloud environment
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related technical field
- Experience with hardware or software based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers
- Experience with salt, chef, puppet
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python and PHP etc
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.