Consumer Insights Manager
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is seeking an experienced Consumer Insights Manager who is passionate about driving global businesses growth through deep consumer and market understanding and fueling a consumer-driven company culture. This position is based in San Francisco, CA (near AT&T Ballpark).
- Develop and synthesize insights into frameworks that inform brand strategy and drive key business decisions across product and marketing.
- Drive an integrated market research strategy and plan to proactively provide a comprehensive view of the customer, market, and Ancestry brand.
- Manage all aspects of primary research, including partnering with key stakeholders to frame problems, designing research methodologies, implementing high-quality data collection, and analyzing results.
- Translate research findings into clear and actionable insights through thoughtful data collection, in-depth analysis, sharp observations, smart story-telling, and compelling presentations.
- Present and evangelize results and recommendations to teams and executive staff.
- 4+ years of consumer-focused market research experience on the client or vendor side, preferably with experience in packaged goods, online services, e-commerce, gaming, and/or mobile applications. Proven track record of framing ambiguous problems and creatively leveraging research methods to answer difficult questions
- Experience across qualitative and quantitative methods that inform new product launches (e.g. packaging research, concept testing, market sizing, forecasting, pricing, syndicated data analysis, ethnographic research, etc.)
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and proficient in statistics
- Mastery of survey theory with hands-on experience using well-known survey and analysis tools such as Qualtrics, MarketSight, etc.
- Top-notch writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proactive, self-starter attitude; comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple priorities/needs
- Demonstrated team player mentality - ability to work effectively across multiple projects and teams.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university. Concentration in market research, statistics, math, economics, psychology, business or a similarly relevant field of study; graduate degree a plus
- Bonus Points
- Experience interpreting marketing analytics methodologies (e.g. marketing mix modeling, etc.)
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.