Senior Software Engineer - DNA Fulfillment
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our team. You will join an impressive team of developers, designers and product managers who have built some of the world's most compelling products, producing the worldwide leader in two categories, family history, and consumer genetic testing.
In this role, you will be focused on web development of our category-leading AncestryDNA product, which now serves over 7 million customers. This role provides many opportunities for professional growth and advancement and includes experience with writing RESTful web services, managing scalable resources using AWS, and providing engineering for DNA Supply Chain Operations.
What you will do:
- Write high availability and performant RESTful web services
- Manage scalable resources using Amazon Web Services
- Work with Product Management & DNA Operations to provide world-class software solutions
- Integrate with service providers (Shippers, Labs, Manufacturing)
- Follow best practices for code quality and testing
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science (or strong foundation in CS fundamentals such as design patterns, data structures and algorithms)
- Prior programming experience with Java or other Object Oriented Languages
- Development experience with REST, JSON, SOA, HTTP, SSL, Caching and AOP
- Strong relational database experience (MSSQL & MySQL)
- Understanding of software development processes, including object oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Disciplined approach to development including QA, TDD and Design Patterns
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.