- San Francisco, CA, USA
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Engineering Manager to join our team to lead the marketing tools platform team. We develop onsite (web) experiences designed to grow the business by showing the value of the product, delivering personalized early funnel experiences and more. We all know that the conversion landscape is rapidly changing with expanding mobile traffic and nascent consumer genomics category, our team’s efforts will be creating the tools and experiences that capitalize on these opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical leadership to your team (also identifying opportunities for technical advancements and own their delivery)
- Work on development efforts towards successful feature delivery for the marketing support tools platform (tools include - Content Management, Campaign Manager and more..)
- Maintain high standards for software quality by establishing good practices and habits and automated checks.
- Collaborate with software developers, marketing team, product owners, architect to plan, design, develop and test applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application or solution related issues.
- Research and evaluate software products that might fit the needs of the solution better (eg. if emerging technologies can improve on performance or scaling etc)
Who you are:
- 8 years prior development experience
- 2 years of direct management experience required
- Bachelor's in computer science degree (or related discipline) required (master's preferred)
- Server side technologies - preferred Java
- Frameworks (preferred Spring or Express)
- Micro services based architecture (REST)
- Continuous deploy and integration tools like Jenkins
- Designing and developing enterprise grade software in fast-paced distributed environments (highly scalable, reliable, available)
- Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Strong inclination towards improving solutions and/or surrounding processes
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written)
- Marketing tools experience (content management or campaign manager etc)
- Cloud based infrastructure experience
- Docker and kubernetes experience
- Caching frameworks like memcached and redis experience
- Experience with message queues like rabbit mq
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF952X)