Senior Agile Coach
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking a Sr. Agile Coach to join our team. If you have the ability to drive change across the company, have outstanding facilitation skills, conflict resolution skills, and deep experience mentoring Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers, and Managers; then we want to hear from you.
By bringing your hands-on experience into this position, you will join a team of Coaches in a large scale Agile environment. You will coach teams and programs of different levels of maturity; across domains, programs and development teams. A critical component of this role is detailed knowledge in the application of Agile, particularly Scrum practices, principles, and experience through all 5 Layers of Agile planning with metrics to effectively measure: execution, performance, benefits, and value. This position requires deep knowledge and experience with Agile and to be able to inspect and adapt thinking/practices to various situations as a Coach.
What you will do
- Coach teams and managers towards improving Agile frameworks and metrics
- Evaluate and mentor existing Agile teams, as well as deliver training classes for domain leaders, program managers, product owners, scrum masters, developers, and testers
- Develop, implement and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations to teams and management for improvements
- Champion Agile/Scrum standard methodologies through all 5 layers of Agile planning across project teams and domains
- Drive the organization-wide agile adoption strategy and rollout plans
- Capture feedback and continuously improve enterprise Agile guidance, training materials, and content
- Assists with improving operational metrics in efficiency and quality
- Assists with refining the Agile delivery to reduce areas of uncertainty that become impediments for the team
- Participates in both the internal and external Agile community to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends
Who You Are
- Articulate in speaking skills and engaging in facilitation skills
- Practiced in Humility, Patience, and Desire with strong listening skills
- Accomplished with a BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus degree; minimum of 5 years' experience coaching Agile methodologies in a large-scale environment (10 teams or more)
- Experienced in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts.
- Familiar of agile tools such as Agile Central, Version One, Jira
- Knowledgeable of continuous integration, continuous deployment, and all things around it
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.