Sr. User Experience Designer
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
As a Senior UX Designer on the Insights team at Ancestry you will bring digital experiences to life through user scenarios, storyboards of flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, as well as final designs. The ideal candidate for this position is comfortable working in the abstract and also creating tangible deliverables that break down complex scenarios. You will help envision a variety of personalized customer insights and will test imagined insights for feasibility and customer value. You will be asked to flex your strategic muscles and visioning capabilities, as well as deliver designs on a regular cadence in a fast-paced agile environment. You’ll work closely with customers, product managers, and software engineers to define, design, prototype, and update and create a new product experience that can make the task of discovering family history and sense of self easier, more interesting, and more enjoyable.
The perfect candidate for this role will have experience translating large amounts of data into compelling experiences.
- Provide strategic vision and direction in coordination with product managers and development partners.
- Design mobile apps and web-based products that are easy to use, beautiful, and delight our users.
- Produce deliverables including presentations, graphic designs, wireframes, interactive prototypes, usability reports, design specs, etc.
- Create high-quality work that inspires other designers.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in web and mobile product design.
- Must have experience working with cross functional teams such as engineering, marketing, and product.
- Must possess the flexibility to continually revise and revisit design ideas and product direction.
- Demonstrated the ability to articulate the value of design in a business context to peers, managers, and executives.
You must submit a link to your portfolio in order to be considered for this position.
Design That Matters
We have 2.5 million subscribers who use our site for a combined 5 million hours a week to enrich their understanding of themselves and their place in history. With your help we’ll attract even more enthusiastic users.
Enjoy Work and Life
We have critical UX problems to solve, but we also honor a healthy work/life balance. Though occasionally we indulge in 24-hour hack-a-thons (optional), we normally keep sane and fairly flexible work hours. After all, our business depends on strengthening family ties.
Location, Location, Location
We have a great one: the top 2 floors in a building directly across from AT&T Park in San Francisco. It’s just 2 blocks from the CalTrain station and a short Muni ride away from BART.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF993M)