Senior Software Engineer (Java)
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is looking to add a talented Senior Software Engineer to our Commerce Platform team. The Commerce Platform team is responsible for designing, implementing, testing and maintaining Ancestry’s enterprise-level ecommerce. The right person would enjoy complex problem solving, and active engagement and brainstorming with colleagues. To succeed on this team you will need to have excellent design and programming skills, be highly motivated to excel, have a passion for the quality of your work, and value working in a team environment that encourages collaboration and open communication.
You will be joining a highly focused Agile team whose primary objective is to deliver business needs around shopping cart, order processing, and payment methods. These services are critical to the business and are focused on increasing revenue and decreasing costs and must be secure and robust. 90% of what we do is in the cloud via Amazon Web Service (AWS). Our engineers are serious about the success of the company and are given the tools and environment they need to succeed. The Commerce Platform team embraces software agility in its processes and practices.
- Create secure, robust web services that are able to withstand a high rate of requests.
- Develop detailed understanding of our existing code base and drive future design decisions.
- Analyze and enhance functionality and performance of current and future systems and services.
- Work as part of the team, actively sharing ideas and considering those of others.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Proficient in Java and related open-source technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent skills in object-oriented programming and design
Preferred exposure to or experience with:
- n-tier web service development; mostly middle tier and back-end
- Agile development techniques and working in a team environment
- High-volume .NET or Java services
- eCommerce systems, i.e. credit card transaction processing, ACH, payment processing systems, or online banking
- MYSQL and databases
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.