Senior Enterprise Data Platform Architect
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is looking for an Enterprise Data Platform Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture Team. In this role you will deliver the Enterprise Data Strategy for Ancestry and oversee its execution. You will be expected to engage with key stakeholders across the company to gather data requirements and use cases and follow up by designing solutions to meet the data needs of the business.
The scope of the position includes defining standards, policies, and procedures for the ingestion of data from many disparate sources, access methods for data consumers including business intelligence, data warehouse, data science and machine learning, marketing analytics, customer behavior analysis, and data delivery to customers. In addition, you will be involved in data governance including data cataloging, data retention policy, and adherence to data privacy and security requirements.
You will mentor and lead a small team of Solutions Architects, each of whom will specialize in a specific area of the data strategy. You will work with these architects and the stakeholders in specific areas to ensure alignment with the Data Strategy.
- Work closely with data stakeholders across all areas of the company including product, marketing, development, IT, member services, and legal.
- Formulate data strategy, roadmaps, best practices, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Mentor and direct the efforts of the architects on your team.
- Work with architects on other teams to train and coordinate on data related issues and drive data best practices, standards and policies into all areas of development.
- Stay up to date with industry trends concerning management and use of data.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 10+ years of experience designing and building complex software systems.
- 5+ years of experience in data-specific roles such as BigData solutions, Data Science and Machine Learning, Data Warehouse, Analytics, etc.
- Brilliant problem solving, analysis, and design skills.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Expert in authoring, reviewing, and presenting technical documentation including technical requirements documents, architecture diagrams, and data flow diagrams.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to organize large quantities of information while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate, direct, and mentor a team a team of high quality professional architects.
- Working knowledge of tools commonly used in data processing and management.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF952X)