Genealogist Researcher (New England)
- 324 South State #100, Salt Lake City, UT, us
The Genealogist Researcher position at AncestryProGenealogists is designed for an individual who is passionate about family history and has the skill and desire to work closely with Research Managers to investigate and solve client family history problems. Key to this role is extensive experience in professional genealogical research and methods. This is a professional position with potential for excellent growth within the organization for the right individual.
We are open for relocation or remote work.
What you will do:
- Conduct effective and efficient genealogical research at various archives, and libraries both online and in person in order to solve a client's research needs
- Format and conduct preliminary proofing of reports
- Thoroughly and efficiently analyze and solve complicated genealogical problems, especially those in which there is no direct evidence, or those in which analysis of evidence is particularly difficult
- Compile documents and present research findings in an organized, clear, and coherent manner
- Working in a team of professional researchers
- Serve as a mentor to other researchers, sharing information about records, search techniques, and research methodologies
- Research specifically the New England area.
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree in Family History Research, English, History (Required)
- Either certified or accredited from an accredited institution (Required)
- Have 5-10 years of professional Genealogical Research experience
- Type 55 wpm
- Excellent written communication skills
- Manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.