Senior Director, Marketing Analytics
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
The Ancestry Marketing team is seeking a Senior Director, Marketing Analytics & Operations to join our team. This highly visible role reports to the SVP of US Marketing. Analytics is at the core of enabling marketing innovation at Ancestry. You will be central to driving and establishing new ways to view and empower the team with data.
Join a team that’s passionate about analytics. You’ll lead a dedicated team of analysts driving new business insights to generate actionable plans. We have a functioning data pipeline & large amounts of data, but we need you to help us use it correctly. Create measurement strategies, learning agendas, and roadmaps through consultation with internal client stakeholders and partners.
As a core member of critical marketing initiatives, you will ensure we address the appropriate business opportunities with actionable insights to inform business strategy. To succeed in this role, you’ll need a thorough understanding of media mix modeling and multi-touch attribution, data infrastructure requirements and supporting technologies, and a customer centric mindset.
What you will do
- Unlock the potential of our Ancestry dataset and transform Marketing analytics capabilities
- Inform the overall Marketing strategy and operations
- Enable self-serve analysis to front line marketers to enable independent business decisions
- Set the strategic direction and promote the Analytics teams work across the organization. Reinforce a data-driven decision-making culture.
- Manage a team of analysts performing a variety of analyses such as: advertising performance analysis, website analytics, customer segmentation, advertising targeting models, ROI modeling, lifetime value analysis, cross channel analysis, media mix analysis, pricing analysis, attribution analysis, A/B testing data analytics etc.
- Create a strategy with the data warehouse and data science teams for how data should be used to fuel Ancestry growth. Work with Marketing Technology team to establish a single source of the truth for key Marketing Analytics insights.
- Business driven – drive topline business results by translating data analyses into strategies that have transformed marketing plans and business outcomes
- Data storyteller – proven experience building and teaching a structured approach for communicating data insights, that involves a combination of: data, visuals, and narrative.
- Strong knowledge of analytics and marketing industry, vendors, best practices etc.
- Hands-on leader—initiating structure, managing others’ performance, directing their work, resolving conflict while balancing the overall strategic direction of the org.
- Team player – possess a fantastic can-do attitude and able to adapt skills to wherever you can best contribute to the team
- A data junkie – you love finding the details in facts, statistics, and putting it all together for an actionable plan
- Master’s degree Business, Data Analytics, Statistics, or related field.
- 10 years of combined experience in ecommerce analytics and testing; at least 5 years’ experience leading multi-channel analytics teams.
- Experience with adobe analytics and working directly with marketing teams are a plus.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.