- Lehi, UT, USA
The Knowledge Writer will be part of the Global Self-Service team under the supervision of the Director of Product Management, Marketing Technology, working together to deliver self-service support solutions for external and internal customers.
● Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Member Services, and other internal teams to write new customer-facing knowledge content
● Work with the localization team to translate content into seven languages across eleven websites
● Collaborate with Country Managers to identify and address the specific content needs of foreign markets
● Work closely with the Knowledge Editor to ensure content is timely, accurate, and effective
● Become an expert in Ancestry products
● Audit and revise existing knowledge content on a regular basis
● Apply user-experience and audience analysis best practices to continually improve content
● Ensure that content is relevant, accurate, and up to date
● Maintain content-related data in a content inventory and other tracking tools
● Produce content aligned with the Ancestry brand in voice, tone, and style, adhering to department and company style guides
● Participate in focus groups and other methods to identify and address gaps in internal and external knowledge
● Other duties as needed
● Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication, English, or related field with an emphasis in writing
● Excellent writing skills and strong command of the English language, including grammar
● Familiarity with technical communication best practices
● Ability to learn and use new technologies quickly
● Strong attention to detail
● Familiarity with SaaS and agile development
● Ability to seek out and interview subject matter experts
● Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
● Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
● Basic experience coding in HTML/CSS
● 1-3 years of experience as a technical writer, copywriter
● Be prepared to include a few writing samples, preferably one of a technical nature
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.