- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Seeking an experienced Director of Accounting to lead the Company’s accounting function in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. A self-starter, focused on continuous improvement, this individual will have a proven ability to drive results and ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills. The Sr. Director of Accounting will be responsible for accounting operations and GAAP compliance and will manage the external audit relationship. This individual will also be involved with various ad hoc analyses of critical business issues for senior management. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and will initially have a team of about 30 professionals.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Lead and mentor a team of accounting professionals including direct supervision of the U.S. Controller, International Controller, and Director of Technical Accounting.
- Oversee the month-end close process and daily operations of the world-wide accounting department
- Perform and review technical accounting research and white papers on accounting issues
- Primary control owner for ensuring all accounting-related controls and processes are effective both in design and operation
- Provide and communicate accurate and timely information for decision making to management
- Perform analysis on month-end financial results to ensure accuracy of month-end close
- Partner with FP&A to ensure accurate reported results and forecasts
- Represent the Accounting organization in cross departmental efforts
- Assess financial systems and process enhancements and drive improvements throughout the accounting organization.
- Other projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years experience required with a combination of both public accounting and industry experience (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Strong leadership skills and proactive problem-solving approach
- A thorough understanding of US GAAP requirements and have strong background in non-routine and complex transactions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage projects
- Able to act independently, exercising independent decision-making and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to deal with others in a professional manner
- Strong multi-tasking skills; organized and attentive to details.
- Collaborative business partner, adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
- Ability to meet deadlines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.