Sr Manager, Consumer Public Relations
- Lehi, UT, USA
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Consumer Public Relations to help with the development and execution of our consumer communications strategy as we continue to expand and grow the Ancestry Brand. This role is responsible for supporting integrated marketing campaigns and leading our earned media strategy.
If you have stellar relationships with consumer media, can develop strategic media plans, have creative ideas, and can be nimble, we want to hear from you!
Key responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Identify, create and execute opportunities to proactively tell Ancestry’s story to consumer press and achieve measurable results
- Deep expertise in consumer media strategy and consumer media relations
- Execute PR campaigns that drive results and foster positive relationships with editors, journalists and influencers
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional marketing partners (including brand experience; brand media; creative; consumer insights; research) to facilitate the PR execution within integrated marketing campaigns
- Draft materials including press release, blog posts, key messages, FAQs and briefing docs for company spokespeople and executives
- Manage an external PR agency team
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Writing, English, Communication, PR or related discipline preferred
- Strong communications skills, especially writing
- Experience in consumer PR and influencer marketing
- Media savvy with knowledge of U.S. consumer media
- Storytelling chops – know how to tell an irresistible story
- Data-driven and consumer insights approach to storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to use creative thinking to develop PR opportunities, events and media stories
- Well-developed personal network and strong media relations skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective professional relationships with co-workers and external partners
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with experience writing press releases, pitches, media briefings and by-lined articles
- Commercially-minded and results focused
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Self-starting with the ability to manage projects autonomously as necessary
- Strong awareness of wider marketing channel mix preferred
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills; a creative, solutions-oriented thinker
- Performs well under pressure and consistently meets deadlines; Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and track projects with varying deadlines
- Journalism experience a plus
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.