Associate Software Developer
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is seeking an Associate Full Stack Developer to join our team. You will join an impressive team of developers, designers and product managers who have built some of the world's most compelling products, producing the world-wide leader in two categories: family history, and consumer genetic testing.
- Complete performance work including: profiling, time to first byte, browser memory usage, decreasing the overall load time of applications and hitting first meaningful paint.
- Build out front end applications to leverage the benefits of Amazon Web Services.
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, UX, and Research.
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed and ensure quality is maintained as development moves forward.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science required
- Strong foundation in CS fundamentals such as design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Development experience with REST, JSON, HTTP, SSL and Caching
- Experience with Reactive architectures and asynchronous code
- Understanding of software development processes and design and implementation
- Disciplined approach to development including QA and Design Patterns
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.