Senior Software Developer - Cloud
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering Team. The teams charter is to increase Development Team Productivity in the AWS Cloud. As a member of this incredible team, you will engineer and build tools such as IAC Pipelines/API's, Enterprise Event Processing Engines, ChatBots and support teams in solving difficult AWS Architectures. These tools are designed to take advantage of AWS Cloud Services.
What you will do:
- Develop with Java, Spring, Maven and Github, NodeJS, and/or Python.
- Develop Software in the AWS Cloud utilizing services such as Kinesis, Lambda, CodeBuild/CodeDeploy, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, ELB, DynamoDB, and others
- Deploy Infrastructure into the Cloud (IAC) using Terraform and Jenkins
- Build Pipeline Service that allow the company to deploy infrastructure
- Understand security concepts using KMS, Certificates and Operational Compliance regarding SOX, PCI, and HIPPA
- Build services using MicroServices Architectures
- Deploy Services using containerization with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS
- Implement and utilize tools such as SaltStack, Zabbix, Grafana, Kibana, SSM, etc.
- Support Development Teams in their infrastructure, pipelines and product support
- 5 + years Java experience, Python, and NodeJS a plus!
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required
- Demonstrated experience implementing Infrastructure As Code, Terraform and Managing Cloud Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, MySQL/Aurora, etc.
- Experience using Version Control Systems, such as Git, Github and/or Stash
- Proven understanding of Microservice Infrastructure, Lambda, Serverless Compute, etc.
- Demonstrated success implementing highly scalable systems managing billions of daily transactions
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.