Front End Developer
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means
Ancestry is harnessing the latest big data technologies to drive advancement in genealogy and consumer genomics. We are one of the world’s leading companies in truly Big Data: DNA records from over 3 million people and 20 billion genealogy records containing 80 billion profiles and growing! In this role, you will help bring people together by helping them discover how they’re interconnected.
Are you passionate about Software Development? If you thrive on teams of highly skilled developers working in an agile environment, then this may be the position for you.
- Expertise in the latest front-end technologies (i.e., HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, etc.), as well as website development process and CMS publishing.
- Serve as the resident expert for all front-end development and related questions and issues on an agile team of 5-10 members.
- Take ownership of key projects, often managing and delivering on multiple concurrent projects.
- Work hand-in-hand with Design and Development groups to create shared standards and applications from design mock-ups in Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Participate and contribute towards improving the team’s development process and practices.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Expertise in jQuery, Angular, React, and other modern MV* frameworks.
- Experience with Node.js, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Desire to teach and mentor others in new technologies.
- Ability to use a set of components and patterns to create custom experiences.
- Understanding of semantic HTML/CSS with proper separation of concerns.
- Appreciation for design, usability, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Can leverage modern CSS3 techniques and CSS preprocessors (SASS).
- Familiar with front-end workflow tools (Git, Gulp, Jenkins).
- Self-motivated and willing to push your own abilities.
- Great communication skills.
- An interest in genealogy always helps!
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.