- London, UK
Ancestry, the global leader in consumer DNA testing and family history, brings together science and self-discovery to help everyone, everywhere discover the story of what led to them. Our sophisticated engineering and technology harnesses family history and consumer genomics, combining billions of rich historical records, millions of family trees, and DNA samples from almost 10 million people worldwide, to provide our customers with deeply meaningful insights about who they are and where they come from.
We’ve pioneered and defined this category, developing new innovations and technologies that have reinvented how people make family history discoveries, and these discoveries can give everyone a greater sense of identity, relatedness, and their place in the world.
The Office Manager will have an exciting opportunity to implement and manage the administration and facilities in our office in London.
The right candidate for this job will need to have a solid understanding of office management and is a personable self-starter that takes initiative in order to help the business grow.
The position will report to the Senior Manager, People and Places and will be based in Strand, London.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Overall ownership and proactive management of a smooth running, efficient office
- Vendor Management – negotiation of supplier contracts i.e. office cleaners, maintenance services, storage facilities, office stationery etc.
- Communication with global employees across all Ancestry offices
- Coordination / meeting management of visitors from other Ancestry offices & external visitors
- Management of office / facilities budget
- Health and Safety – manage H&S in the office in conjunction with external consultant ensuring compliance
- Event Coordinator including complete ownership of internal meetings and organising company events (parties, social events, teambuilding & staff morale etc)
- Organise, manage and host company team meetings where necessary
- Manage catering supplies and weekly and ad-hoc lunch requirements
- Coordination and facilitation of IT issues and developments
- Expenses support for Senior Management
- Ongoing administrative support for:
- Senior Management
- Sports & Social Committee
- Charity Committee
- Project manage facility changes / improvement to office facilities
- Oracle purchase order creation
- Excellent demonstrated experience of dealing with typical office issues
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations
- Experience in an Office Management role
- Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, approachability, customer focus and proactivity are the key skills required to be successful in this role.
- In addition to these 5 key areas, the successful candidate will also:
- Be a problem solver with a can do attitude, initiative and is a self-starter
- Have impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possess the ability to work under pressure in a multi-tasking environment to meet challenging deadlines
- Be trustworthy with ability to hold confidential information
- Be a personable team worker who can integrate well with all levels of management across the global organization.
- Possess project management skills for managing facility changes / office moves
- Constantly work with due diligence to ensure a fully operational environment
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Ireland Unlimited Company of 52-55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.
Please note: we do not require assistance from 3rd party recruitment companies at this time