Art Director, Content
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As an Art Director in the Ancestry Creative department you will take the lead in the conception, design, and execution of attention-grabbing social and brand content ranging from stills, to video, to interactive. Work will both reflect and inspire cross-channel initiatives and larger campaigns.
Creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent social content to attract and retain our clearly-defined audience.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Implement marketing strategy and objectives with creative solutions that are both compelling and drive response.
- Demonstrate ability to compose visually stunning, cutting-edge concepts for cross-channel, integrated campaigns with a focus on social.
- Present design concepts internally in a professional, inspirational, and logical manner.
- Articulate and support creative decisions based on the goals of the project, the established creative strategy, and understanding of the target audience.
- Be able to take direction, go beyond what is asked, and constantly challenge yourself.
- Have fun. Guiding social will give you the freedom to experiment with a range of concepts and design styles.
- 5-7 years of experience developing creative solutions for integrated, digital marketing initiatives strongly focused on social and content development.
- Experience being part of a collaborative, creative environment on either the agency or corporate side (ideally with an internet product).
- The ability to present and support creative concepts in a professional and engaging manner.
- A commitment to constantly improving one’s skills, staying current on industry developments and trends, and sharing this knowledge with others.
- Be curious. We want someone who is flexible and is willing to take chances.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.