Manager of Computational Genomics
- San Francisco, CA, USA
AncestryDNA is seeking a Manager of Computational Genomics to lead a team of talented computational biologists who employ and develop state-of-the-art genomic analyses to provide new insights into ancestry using our singular database of DNA, family histories, and historical documents. In addition, the Manager of Computational Genomics will work closely with our diverse and collaborative team of population geneticists, statisticians, biologists, and epidemiologists to advance our understanding of what DNA can tell us about ancestry, and work closely with developers, architects, and engineers to build robust systems to deliver the results of these analyses. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and prioritizing research activities to achieve these goals.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field.
- The candidate must have demonstrated success developing machine learning models and approaches, genomic analyses, or statistical methods, with applications for analysis of genomic and sequence data.
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience with experience hiring and mentoring scientists and managing inter-dependent research projects.
- The candidate must have a strong programming skills and demonstrated proficiency working with large datasets in distributed computing environment. Experience building workflows and pipelines in AWS a plus.
- The candidate must have proven track record managing scientific research effort and prioritizing work to meet tight deadlines
- Experience working in cross-functional projects with product managers, marketing, and engineering teams.
- Strong writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills will be needed in our collaborative and fast-paced team.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.