Sr Manager, International Programming
- London, UK
With a track record including shows such as ‘Who do You Think You Are?’ and digital partnerships such as the ‘DNA Journey’ video, Ancestry is a leading player in strategic programming and branded content on all platforms. We are now looking for a Senior Manager of International Programming to join our team and help take our thematic content strategy to the next level.
You will be part of the Global Programming team looking to build and execute a world-class multi-platform commercial programming strategy, leveraging a broad network of agencies, production companies, directors, writers and storytellers at all levels. The aim is to produce unique creative content that builds a category and brand, creates deeper and more consistent consumer engagement and turbocharges our media investments across all platforms.
Focusing on our International markets: UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, you will influence strategy, partner selection and ensure performance & a robust pipeline of this programming/ content across a multi-platform landscape.
This position is located in our London office, in the heart of downtown London.
What you will do:
- Contribute to Ancestry’s US Programming strategy and drive our roadmap to success in elevating Ancestry’s Programming, show development pipelines and distribution goals.
- Inspire innovating and enriching programming concepts, solutions and partnerships in a rapidly evolving media landscape.
- Manage & lead the day-to-day execution of our new and existing programs and episodic content ensuring Ancestry is maximizing our presence and value in all programs.
- Liaise with our Agency Partners, who serve as first point of contact for creative ideas and proposals; analysing, identifying and prioritizing opportunities for the larger team.
- Partnering closely with our Brand Media and Finance teams ensuring every Ancestry marketing dollar is leveraged driving maximum ROI.
- Ensure executional excellence for a highly visible, high growth team within Ancestry.
- Collaborate with our robust internal team of experts, creatives, visionaries and country managers to create rich, meaningful, brand infused programming that inspires audiences everywhere.
- Develop processes and procedures to help manage pipelines, project plans and internal promotional plans for all programs.
- 4-7 years minimum experience working at an International or US media agency/ TV Network/ TV or Streaming Show Production house
- Lead multi-million dollar programming initiatives across multiple channels in a highly ROI driven culture
- Self-starter, incredibly organized and driven with an exceptional attention to detail
- Expertise with contracts, contract negotiation and negotiation tactics and process
- Firm understanding of the traditional broadcast media environment.
- Enjoys the creative process but understands the value of a program comes when audiences see it
Additional Skills and Experience of Interest:
- Able to articulate complex problems and ideas and present to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to work with colleagues and partners in multiple time zones
- Wilingness to travel
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.