Senior Manager, Program Management
- Lehi, UT, USA
As a Senior Manager, Program Management you will lead a team of program managers responsible for driving Ancestry’s programs from inception to deployment. You will closely partner with product management, engineering and UX to drive forward all necessary initiatives. This role reports to our VP of Product Business Operations and may be based in either San Francisco, CA or Lehi, UT.
- Provide direct and ongoing leadership for a team of program managers
- Possess strong leadership skills, demonstrated project management ability, and a positive approach in managing a team
- Recognize areas for internal improvement and development plans for implementation
- Participate in setting and executing the vision, mission, and goals for department and team
- Partner with senior leadership and teams to ensure initiatives are on track and aligned with corporate goals
- Champion and integrate program management best practices
- Facilitate resolution of issues between cross-functional partners and team dynamics
- Lead or participate in process improvement initiatives, as assign, and promote the sharing of best practices
- Establish and maintain a work environment that supports learning, trust, respect and open communication
Who You Are:
- Experience managing a team of program managers
- 7+ years experience in program/project management capacity for software or platform development, including 4 years of people management experience
- Agile thought leader, with special emphasis on scaling agile across teams
- Understands all phases of the delivery cycles, and ability to look around risks and provide mitigation
- Experience managing stakeholders and teams in remote locations.
- Ability to navigate organization complexities, must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management across different cultures
- Focus on efficiency, scalability, and automation
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field required, MBA preferred
- Must exhibit attention to detail, and have the ability to make, good, timely decisions
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.