Senior Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We are looking for a talented and motivated senior software engineer to join our team and help deliver high-quality technical solutions necessary to modernize Ancestry’s Marketing technology stack. We use the latest open source tools and technologies to create high performance web applications that run at scale. Your work will have a direct impact on user experience and the core product. You will be a talented Senior engineer with expert level proficiency in building system architectures, designing application/services and coding complex features.
- Design and develop extensible, highly scalable/available applications and services using software design best practices
- Design and develop fault tolerant, highly performant, and future-proof system architectures
- Troubleshoot performance bottlenecks and system issues as they arise
- Lead AWS cloud migration and tech-transition efforts
- Evaluate and integrate Marketing tools and develop new features to help support business needs
- Collaborate with x-functional teams and stake-holders to deliver on key success metrics
- Work in a collaborative agile environment (SCRUM)
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts
- Experience with distributed systems, load balancing, scaling, performance etc.,
- Engaged in current technology trends, experience researching and evaluating new techniques, concepts, and tools
- Strong understanding of data structures and design patterns
- Well-versed with high scalability and availability best practices
- Must have 7+ years of prior industry development experience with Java
- 2 years of experience building RESTful services in a micro services environment
- Experience with any MVC framework
- Understanding of the content management systems (CMS) desired
- Continuous Integration/Continuous deployment experience
- Strong command-line experience using remote access Linux
- Experience working within an Agile development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering is required
- Java, Nodejs frameworks like – Express
- Cache - Memcached, Redis
- Content Management System
- Relational database, NoSQL database
- Containerization experience with Docker and K8S
- AWS experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.