Senior User Researcher
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
As Senior User Researcher at Ancestry, you’ll lead research and collaborate closely with designers, marketers, product managers, and other cross-functional partners to improve our current products, identify future opportunities, and inform our strategic roadmap. In this role, you will:
- Provide leadership and guidance as a user research partner to our cross functional teams
- Bring new methodologies to how we innovate, deliver, and make decisions
- Collaborate with Product Analytics and Marketing/Consumer Insights teams to incorporate data and analytics into decision making
- Collaborate with Science and UX Design to provide insights and guidance into the users needs and wants
- Maintain standards across reporting and findings dissemination
- Moderate and facilitate research individually and in collaboration with other researchers and non-researchers
- Evangelize generative and evaluative research throughout the product development process
- Conduct ongoing exploratory research to keep a pulse on customer behavior
- Manage an openly accessible schedule of research activities to provide visibility and participation opportunities across the organization
We’re looking for someone who not only understands how conduct product research, but someone who knows how evangelize research and collaborate closely with multiple product development partners. We’ll be looking to you to lead research on your team and help to create a smarter and more informed Ancestry.
You know what needs to be done in order to take research endeavors to the next level. You have a strong background in research. You’re a whip-smart analytical mind with quick problem-solving skills and a practiced eye for research design. You are a natural people person who loves understanding the needs of the user, both on the screen and on your teams. You thrive on feedback and ideas from others, with a user-first mentality instead of ego. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, and no job is too small when it helps the team. You are savvy about cross-functional advocacy, and know how to generate buy-in from peers for process ideas. You are a champion for objectivity and are not afraid to question your own biases or speak up for the truth.
- Minimum of 6 years of professional user research experience in the lab and in the field with both consumer mobile and web
- FDA 510k or CEMark medical device research experience, or other experience conducting research
- Superior skills in communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- A proven track record of conducting sound research that has directly influenced product decisions.
- Ability to think long term and employ strategic futures research to inform today’s roadmaps.
- Experience with mixed methods research (experience innovating new methods a plus).
- A strong understanding of the latest and greatest thinking around user research as part of the product development process
- Advanced degree in either Applied Anthropology, Design, Cognitive Psychology, Experimental Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Applied Sociology, or other applied behavioral science or design field
- Industrial design research or other research on physical products in conjunction with or separate from SaaS
- A passion or interest in human cultures, family history, genealogy, genomics, and/or concepts of identity and belonging.
- FDA Research requirements and Regulations
- Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
- We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.