Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry.com has an amazing opportunity for a self-motivated Sr Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. In support of our Global Marketing Organization, this highly visible position will report to the VP, FP&A and will be responsible for leading key financial/business performance reporting processes, including financial assessments, monthly business reviews, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan development, and other related responsibilities. This financial leader will also have demonstrated leadership skills and excellent business partnering skills.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Strategic business partner to the Chief Marketing Officer
- Lead a team responsible for providing financial forecasting and analysis that is necessary to drive growth and operational efficiencies including; month end processing, management review of budget vs. actual results and trend analysis;
- Provide ongoing mentorship, training and development of direct and indirect reports across different office locations;
- Experience with financial reporting, forecasting and analysis;
- Work with senior management in the coordination and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long term plans;
- Maintain and develop standard business metrics for analyzing business performance;
- Maintain existing and develop new management information reports that report key metrics and communicate trends to appropriate management;
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes;
- BS in Finance, a MBA is strongly preferred;
- Experience in a B2C environment preferred;
- 10+ years of progressive relevant experience; minimum 7 years in management role;
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives;
- Tableau, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivots tables, basic report writing skills;
- Strong analytical abilities with sharp attention to detail a must;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-pace environment;
- Oracle Financials and IBM TM1 proficiency preferred;
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to perform complex financial analyses and modeling.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels of an organization.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.