Senior Offshore Vendor Manager
- Lehi, UT, USA
The Senior Offshore Vendor Manager role is responsible for managing offshore vendors who perform transcription / indexing for Ancestry’s Content operations. The Senior Offshore Vendor Manager will manage a team of two other Vendor Managers. As such, the ideal candidate will have people leadership, vendor management and operations management experience.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Collaborate and communicate on a regular basis with offshore vendors to ensure contracted service timelines are met.
- Implement robust oversight processes to track timely vendor production
- Train, motivate and develop team members, as well as address areas for improvement.
- Supervise ongoing tasks / assignments, manage team workload and serve as a secondary level of support for advanced issues.
- Identify the root causes of production issues and work with the team and vendors to effectively implement corrective actions.
- Evaluate existing and new vendor relationships and provide input to vendor balanced scorecard and vendor bidding processes.
- 8-10 years of vendor management experience required
- 5+ years of people management experience required
- Knowledge of offshore vendor management best practices and experience effectively implementing them
- B.S. or B.A in a relevant field required (e.g. Business, Operations, etc.), MBA preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, listening, and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels of management and bring consensus among various teams
- Able to act independently, exercising independent decision making, and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Offshore travel 3 – 4 times a year may be required as well as flexible hours
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.