Financial Analyst, FP&A and Investor Relations
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team in support of corporate FP&A, investor relations, and various strategic finance projects across the organization. This role will report to the Director of FP&A and Investor Relations and will be responsible for supporting key business performance reporting including: preparation of quarterly investor relations earnings materials, ad-hoc financial modeling, monthly and quarterly business forecasts and reviews, annual budget development, and other related responsibilities. In this role, you will analyze financial and operational data, compile reports, build financial models, and prepare recommendations to Senior Management.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and presentation skills, well-established financial modeling skills, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, experience working within a fast-paced finance team, superb analytical abilities, excellent business partnering skills, and an incredible attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Experience with financial reporting and income statement forecasting and analysis.
- Familiarity with public-company reporting requirements and quarterly earnings cadence
- Assist in preparing materials for executive team to be used at investor conferences, during earnings calls, and for other meetings with investors, etc.
- Assist in coordination and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long-term plans
- Partner with broader FP&A team to ensure that forecasts are completed and loaded accurately each month
- Communicate financial and accounting information and trends to the management team to ensure that real-time business decisions can be made based on sound financial data
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
- Report actual results versus plan, including variance analysis insights
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or related field is required
- Experience with internet, technology, and/or content driven companies preferred
- 2-3 years of financial analysis and forecasting experience
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivot table, report building skills
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.