- San Francisco, CA, USA
Join our growing Creative team where you will concept and write compelling integrated campaigns across multiple channels and products including TV, audio, banners, email, out of home, display ads, etc. Build the Ancestry brand, concept big ideas, and craft creative communications that are compelling, highly-relevant, and results driven. In this role you will work on online and offline campaigns.
What you will do:
- Represent and become an expert on the brand voice.
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations and behaviors of our target audience(s), to increase the relevance and effectiveness of your ideas.
- Work closely with other creative team members (Art Directors, Designers, Production Design and Project Management) to create and execute successful communications across channels, including online and offline.
- Persuasively present and clearly share an expert point of view on how copywriting/messaging can improve the customer experience and deliver results.
- Diplomatically defend your work and area of expertise, while maintaining positive relationships with partners in the organization.
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple, deadline-driven assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships and influence change
Who you are:
- Bring a minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a copywriter in an agency or in-house creative department.
- Recent online brand experience mandatory.
- Proven track record working across multiple channels, including television, display advertising, social media and search marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- A portfolio proving exceptional copywriting skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in writing for web and email marketing that deliver results an absolute must.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.