Genealogical Researcher- Southern
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
The Genealogist Researcher position at AncestryProGenealogists is designed for an individual who is passionate about family history and has the skill and desire to work closely with Research Managers to investigate and solve client family history problems. Key to this role is extensive experience in professional genealogical research and methods. This is a professional position with potential for excellent growth within the organization for the right person. This position will be working with Southern United States team.
What you will do:
- You will conduct effective and efficient genealogical research at various archives, and libraries both online and onsite in order to solve a client's research needs
- You will format and conduct preliminary proofing of reports
- You will thoroughly and efficiently analyze and solve complicated genealogical problems, especially those in which there is no direct evidence, or those in which analysis of evidence is particularly difficult
- You will compile documents and present research findings in an organized, clear, and coherent manner
- You will be working in a team of professional researchers
- You will serve as a mentor to other researchers, sharing information about records, search techniques, and research methodologies
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Family History Research, English, History, Master Degree Preferred
- You have Genealogical Certification or Accreditation (CG, AG)
- You have 5-10 years of professional Research
- You have experience conducting research in United States, Southern States, Colonial U.S/ or African American (Perferred)
- You can type 55 wpm
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You can manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.