- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are. For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page at: http://www.ancestry.com/corporate/careers/
- Responsible for commodities or assignments requiring application of basic purchasing principles, theories and concepts
- Ensure timely acquisitions of product or service requirements from known sources of supply
- Partner with IT Helpdesk, IT Asset Manager, Vendor Maintenance and A/P to help resolve issues in the areas of requisition accuracy and completeness, on-time delivery or supplier payment.
- Negotiate and place basic purchase requisitions
- Participate in continuous learning and professional development activities
- Comply with purchasing policies and procedures and suggest improvements
- May use market research in sourcing decisions
- Use established strategies and tactics to achieve goals
- May participate in cross-functional team activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Handle basic issues by following practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Promptly raise issues for assistance with corrective action. Follow specific, detailed instructions
- May assist in the location of alternate sources of supply
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Basic knowledge of purchasing systems, preferably Oracle and ServiceNow
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Spreadsheet and Word Processing computer skills highly desirable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.