Social Media Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As a Social Media Manager, you will play a critical role in assisting in the development of Ancestry’s always-on social content and community management and enganagement. You will be responsible for creating a vibrant, engaged and evangelist community of follows, fans and advocates for Ancestry.
The Social Media Manager will serve as the connective tissue between online social conversations and a variety of internal teams. Ensuring you maintain a pulse on what our community is talking about, how it feels toward the brand and products, and what of that audience intelligence can be applied to our evolving content strategy.
This position reports to the Senior Social Media Manager and is located in our San Francisco office, one block from CalTrain and near the AT&T Ballpark.
Help Ancestry achieve our goal to become an iconic brand by expanding brand sentiment, become a pre-eminent storyteller, and engage and grow our community to include new audiences across both family history and consumer genomics.
What you will do:
- Help develop social campaigns & content that drive brand sentiment, community evangelism and attract and retain a growing community of fans & followers.
- Help define, execute, measure, and optimize social media campaigns, programs, and tactics to support our brand’s communications and overall business goals.
- Be a subject matter expert in social media best practices, and proactively apply that knowledge to your daily work. In addition, help to educate internal stakeholders on the ins, outs, and benefits of social media.
- Be critical, always evaluating the quality of social content and identifying areas for improvement, as well as untapped opportunities.
- Stay up-to-date with our competitors’ activities across social channels. Be able to identify and anticipate culturally relevant moments that align with our brand and create content that enables Ancestry to take part in timely conversations.
- Manage all social listening tools to provide timely, relevant and comprehensive reports on our social footprint, community sentiment and insight into marketing, content, and products.
- Lead all community response plans in partnership with PR.
- Develop resources, communication standards, visuals and reference materials for our team of social community managers to best serve our community and brand.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with partners in marketing, PR, creative, and member services, among others, to create, support, and execute content and campaigns to support key marketing initiatives
- Recommend ongoing ways to improve and streamline content creation and community management processes
- Must have 4+ years of in-house or agency experience (marketing and social media experience preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years experience developing organic content and programs that drive measurable audience growth and user engagement across multiple social channels campaigns/programs and communities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage projects on tight timelines.
- Experience managing programs, publishing, and relationships via top platform tools such as Spredfast, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Salesforce, Percolate, etc.
- Self-starting with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- A proactive, hands-on, solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Scrappy and proactive, always looking for ways to take initiative
- Time management and project management skills are a must, requiring minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related field required.
Note: In addition to providing your resume, please include a cover letter with a few examples and site links of your social media work. Please describe your role within the project/campaign.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.