Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) - Marketing
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 17 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than two million subscribers to create over 13 billion historical records, along with millions of DNA results to make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With over 1,400 employees around the world, we are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive.
We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.
Ancestry.com has an amazing opportunity for a self-motivated Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. In support of our US Marketing Organization, this highly visible position will report to the Sr. Director, Global Marketing FP&A and will be responsible for leading key financial/business performance reporting processes, including financial assessments, monthly business reviews, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan development, and other related responsibilities. This financial leader will also have demonstrated leadership skills and excellent business partnering skills.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Strategic business partner to the SVP of US Marketing
- Strategic analysis to support marketing channel leaders in optimizing spend efficiency, managing to broader company targets, etc.
- Lead a team responsible for providing financial forecasting and analysis that is necessary to drive growth and operational efficiencies including; month end processing, management review of budget vs. actual results and trend analysis;
- Provide ongoing mentorship, training and development of direct and indirect reports across different office locations;
- Experience with financial reporting, income statement forecasting and analysis, revenue forecasting, unit sales forecasting, internet subscription models, etc.
- Work with senior management in the coordination and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long-term plans;
- Maintain and develop standard business metrics for analyzing business performance;
- Maintain existing and develop new management information reports that report key metrics and communicate trends to appropriate management;
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes;
- BS in Finance, a MBA is strongly preferred;
- Experience in a B2C environment preferred;
- 10+ years of progressive relevant experience; minimum 5 years in management role;
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives;
- Tableau, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivots tables, basic report writing skills;
- Strong analytical abilities with sharp attention to detail a must;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-pace environment;
- Oracle Financials and IBM TM1 proficiency preferred;
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to perform complex financial analyses and modeling.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels of an organization.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.