Software Developer (Backend) – Security Team
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
We are looking for a Security minded individual. You will report to the Information Security team.
- Owns technical aspects of software development for customer authentications services and other security related components and services
- Performs hands-on design and secure development of systems, frameworks and services running in Amazon cloud and docker
- Develops deep understanding of clients use and integration with other systems and platforms
- Writes secure code and unit tests, works on API specs, client API and SDK libraries, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Identifies continuous improvements for service availability and maintenance
- Works with product owners, security team, project managers and architects to prioritize features for ongoing sprints
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in software development or equivalent contribution to open source projects
- Experience working in security related aspects like authentication, authorization, networking and firewalls
- Proficient with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Acumen for secure coding practices and overall security hardening of systems and services
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and to articulate solutions
- Ability to mentor other engineers
- Bachelor's in CS required. Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical disciplines, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Required experience with Go(lang) and/or Node.JS, preferably with previous experience in C# or Java
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
#Golang #node.js #go(lang)