Manager of Internal Controls and Financial Reporting
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry has an amazing opportunity for a self-motivated Manager of Internal Controls and Financial Reporting. This position will report to the Director of SEC Reporting & Internal Controls. This financial leader will also have an entrepreneurial drive and a desire to be a part of a unique culture that is committed to growing our organization.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
Internal Controls (80%)
- Assist with the evaluation and assessment of design and operating effectiveness of the internal control environment through the performance of process and control walkthroughs and testing.
- Assist process and control owners with developing and maintaining adequate internal control documentation such as narratives and process flowcharts.
- Perform monthly monitoring of control compliance for all control owners on the business process and IT application/system teams.
- Assist the Director of SEC Reporting & Internal Controls with managing engagement objectives of the third-party internal audit consulting firm.
- Regularly review the Company’s risk control matrix to ensure internal controls over financial reporting are effectively designed and executed; verify internal control documentation is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Assist with the annual scoping of Management’s evaluation and assessment of the ICFR environment activities.
- Assist the Director of SEC Reporting & Internal Controls in performing risk assessments that evaluate the reliability, consistency, and integrity of financial and operating information, in collaboration with process owners and business leaders.
- Engage in routine discussion with business partners to maintain awareness of business initiatives and assess the implications/impacts of such on the Company’s internal control environment.
Financial Reporting (20%)
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements for external reporting.
- Assist the financial reporting team participate in IPO readiness.
- Assist with the completion of quarterly and annual GAAP checklists.
- Compile and maintain quarterly work papers that support of the Company’s financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Assist Investor Relations with the preparation of earnings releases and investor conference decks, and maintain support binders.
- Monitor activity of the FASB, SEC and other authoritative bodies to identify the potential impact of new pronouncements.
- Support the annual external audit and quarterly reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CIA certification required.
- 4 years of relevant experience in internal/external audit roles. Mix of public accounting and industry preferred. Big 4 audit and SEC registrant experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of internal control design and testing concepts, and practical experience with performing internal audit assessments.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- A thorough understanding of US GAAP accounting principles, a strong understanding of SEC reporting requirements, and capability of researching and applying both in a practical manner.
- Confidence to act independently, exercising independent decision-making and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to deal with others in a professional manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines with high attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Wdesk experience a plus.
- Oracle and IBM Planning Analytics (TM-1) experience a plus.
IND2 LI #POST