Senior Director, Product Marketing
- San Francisco, CA, USA
The Senior Director of Product Marketing is responsible for establishing the go-to-market vision and strategy for Ancestry’s product portfolio, including its core subscription businesses and AncestryDNA consumer genetics product, and communicate that vision and strategy across the entire organization. This person will manage, lead, and build out the product marketing organization, to support rapid business growth and amazing consumer experiences. In addition, this person must develop a deep understanding of the Ancestry product suite, market and competitive landscape, and operate with a consumer-focused perspective. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator, storyteller, strategic, data-driven and creative.
The Product Marketing team is part of a world-class marketing team, an extremely collaborative and innovative group. We are seeking an energetic and passionate team member with the ability to see the big picture as well as the small details, drive consensus and make bold decisions.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring for the product marketing staff in its day-to-day activities. Manage the hiring, development and retention of product marketing talent
- Oversee the product portfolio launch strategy and launch planning, and collaborate with product management and marketing leaders; ensure launches are integrated with campaigns
- Quantify market opportunities and align product marketing priorities across Product, User Experience, Science, Consumer Insights, Monetization, Brand Experience and Channel Marketing teams.
- Build a global roadmap to guide launch phasing and strategies, effectively presenting and evangelizing plans to marketing management and leadership groups throughout the organization, both domestic and international.
- Help conduct user research (in partnership with Consumer Insights), competitive analysis, and marketing positioning to further solidify Ancestry as the world leader in family history products and consumer genomics.
- Identify target segments and develop product positioning, messaging, pricing, and offer strategies to bring products/features/new experiences to market.
- Influence up, down, and across the organization to ensure appropriate buy-in and support of initiatives.
Planning and Analysis:
- Collaborate with other Marketing teams - including Integrated Marketing and Channels (PR, Social, Offline, Online, Email), Creative and the Testing & Optimization team – to assess key opportunities, articulate budget requirements, and set associated performance targets
- Develop key product related marketing timelines for input into integrated marketing planning
- Establish KPI reporting for initiatives, including metrics tracking reports
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or related experience; MBA is desirable
- 10+ years of a combination of consumer product marketing and digital marketing experience in an ecommerce or online services company is required. Subscription based business model is highly desirable.
- Management experience including the ability to build and grow a team
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals • Critical thinker with strong writing, communication presentation development and delivery skill
- Exceptional communication skills: must be able to articulate a clear, persuasive argument verbally and in writing
- Highly analytical and data driven: must be able to synthesize information from various sources and draw meaningful conclusions
- Superior ability to build strong relationships of trust across the organization
- Confident decision maker
- Nimble; able to modify or change direction quickly when needed
Reporting Line: VP of Brand Experience & Product Marketing (San Francisco)
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.