Senior Interactive Designer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Sr. UX Designer to guide product design from concept through launch and beyond. You’ll work with cutting-edge science and technology to help bring consumers’ DNA results to life, collaborating with other designers, engineers, and product managers. You will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful products and services.
Our success hinges on recognizing the value of every individual contribution. We give high-fives to people who enjoy the freedom of taking ownership of a problem and deciding how to solve it. We need thinkers and we need people who can drive excellent visual design while staying laser-focused on our consumers and their needs.
You are a senior user experience designer with strong visual design skills. You bring exceptional creative thought and design sensibilities to produce data-driven and user-focused experiences. You’re a strong collaborator who willingly listens to others while always considering our primary users, who are our 6+ million consumers.
What you’ll do:
· Design mobile and web-based products that are attractive, intuitive, and easy-to-use
· Work closely with product managers and engineers from early-stage conceptualization through product launches
· Produce deliverables including concept sketches, visual comps, design frameworks, production assets
· Launch fast and iterate often, incorporating user feedback and analytics into thoughtful and effective designs
· Experience building and rapidly iterating on interactive prototypes and other artifacts.
· 5+ years of experience with a strong knowledge of responsive design and development with a a minimum of 3 years of experience working with cross functional teams such as product, engineering, program management and corporate leaders.
· We have an excellent team and environment to spread your wings and drive a unique product. We’re more interested in hiring the right person than the right resume.
· Must have experience turning requirements into beautiful intuitive designs.
· Must have a bachelor’s degree.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.