- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry generated more than $1 billion in revenue in 2017 (an annual increase of over 30%), has more than 3 million paying subscribers across our family history websites, and almost 10 million DNA samples making our AncestryDNA database the largest in the world. Ancestry is also global and serves customers in more than 30 international markets. Ancestry is also a Big Data organization, hosting the world’s largest online collection of family history records. This includes more than 20 billion records, from 80 countries worldwide, 100 million family trees, and 11 billion ancestral profiles.
If you have what it takes to build and deliver award-winning, native, mobile applications on a large scale, we have a rewarding career opportunity for you.
As a member of Ancestry's mobile team, your experience will be leveraged to positively impact existing and new users of Ancestry. The code you build will be shipped in iOS apps that have been featured on the App Store and have 1000's of daily downloads. Additionally, your direct work will instrumental in improving Ancestry's customer engagement in a truly global marketplace.
What you will do:
· Own technical aspects of software development
· Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
· Write code and unit tests, automation, and conduct code reviews and testing
· Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
· Identify continuous improvements to delivery processes
· Work with UX & product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Strong skills in the following technologies:
· 2+ years' experience in iOS development
· Swift and Objective-C, with an emphasis on Swift skills
· iOS platform frameworks
· Core Data or other local persistence technology
· RESTful Web Services
· Framework usage
· Experience in building production software applications (must have examples of released, in production, iOS apps for review)
· Experience with implementation of distributed applications, APIs or frameworks
· Familiar with agile or other rapid application development methods
· Bachelor's in CS or related field is required
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.