Machine Learning Engineer
- Lehi, UT, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means
Ancestry is growing its Data Science team in Lehi, Utah. We’re looking for a talented and self-motivated Machine Learning Engineer to join and help develop our high performance elastic Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence platform.
As a machine learning engineer, you will work closely with Data Scientists focusing on building components and tools to deploy models, and to enable auto-retrain and auto-redeployment services. The successful candidate will be solving big data challenges, and to provide a well-designed model development environment to facilitate the needs for the speed of innovation in the near future. Any tools that can help data scientists to build better models, ingest data, and ship to production will be yours to tackle. It is a new role on the fast-growing team, where you will have a lot of opportunity to help define solutions and build scalable general-use platform to support data science initiatives across Ancestry.
You will be a member of the global Data Science Team, tackling our toughest and most exciting data science challenges.
- Work very closely with data scientists and help them with model deployment in production system
- Work very closely with data scientists to help them solve engineering pain-points by building scalable, general-use platforms.
- Develop tooling and infrastructure to support data scientists with model development.
- Help champion a data-driven culture and push long-term business value creation through development of best-in-class data science tools.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering (or relevant experience)
- Solid understanding and experience working with cloud-based solutions, especially AWS
- 3+ years of experience in Java development, including the Spring Framework (Boot, Web, etc.)
- Highly skilled with Python and SQL/MySQL.
- Experience with machine learning theory and practice.
- Experience using machine learning tools (Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, Weka etc.)
- Experience with Micro-Service architectures
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work autonomously and take ownership of a project.
- A good understanding of machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Proven track record of developing, maintaining, and deploying data services.
- Experience with Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming) and MapReduce.
- Experience with SPARK.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.