Associate Quality Engineer - Data Science Team
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is looking for a passionate Associate Quality Engineer to design and implement automated testing. You will research and demonstrate better test strategies and play a key role in implementing and maintaining customer-focused test automation. You will prepare test plans and cases and write automation towards the completion of those cases. Some ad-hoc, manual testing may be required based on the determined risk of the release.
You should have a passion for software testing, a great customer experience, Web services test automation, and working in an agile context. In this role, you will mentor, coach, and work directly with development teams to promote adoption of testing best practices and tools. You will lead and coordinate efforts with third party testers on their development teams.
- Plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities for projects of varying size and complexity
- Utilize test automation frameworks standards and tools, and contribute to best practices
- Implement and enforce continuous testing quality gates in the continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Write and maintain automation for select projects, primarily for REST web services
- Build credibility with development teams, and demonstrate how to write good tests and testable code
- Communicate status, metrics and trending of quality for the development team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ related or equivalent required
- 3+ years of software testing experience developing and maintaining API and microservices test automation
- Verifiable working knowledge of HTTP protocol (methods, headers, MIME types), REST, JSON, XML
- Demonstrable experience of software development and agile software test lifecycles
- Demonstrate ability to use and understand new technologies
- Experience with continuous testing practices in a CI/CD development pipeline, and deploying test automation in the dev pipeline
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Knowledge of current test automation tools and frameworks (ie:TestNG, JUnit, JMeter, Postman, RestAssured)
- Fluency in test automation using Java,
- Experience testing Spring Boot applications
- Experience in testing of python applications, including Gunicorn applications
- Experience maintaining, setting up and using SonarQube for static analysis and quality gates preferred
- Experience using performance testing tools and processes a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, continuous delivery, Git
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.