Senior User Experience Designer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Sr. UX Designer to guide product design from concept through launch and beyond. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new group at Ancestry focused on helping our customers get more out of their Ancestry experience. You will be working to everything from onboarding to engagement and helping us unify our DNA and Family History products. By collaborating with other designers, engineers, and product managers, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful products and services.
Our success hinges on recognizing the value of every individual contribution. We give high-fives to people who enjoy the freedom of taking ownership of a problem and deciding how to solve it. We need thinkers and we need people who can drive excellent visual design while staying laser-focused on our consumers and their needs.
Design That Matters
We have over 2.5 million subscribers to our Family HIstory product who use our site for a combined 5 million hours a week to enrich their understanding of themselves and their place in history. We also have over 7 million DNA customers seeking to find answers and connections as well. With your help we’ll attract even more enthusiastic users.
You are a senior user experience designer with strong visual design skills. You bring exceptional creative thought and design sensibilities to produce data-driven and user-focused experiences. You’re a strong collaborator who willingly listens to others while always considering our primary users, who are our 6+ million consumers.
What you’ll do:
- Design mobile and web-based products that are attractive, intuitive, and easy-to-use
- Work closely with product managers and engineers from early-stage conceptualization through product launches
- Produce deliverables including concept sketches, visual comps, design frameworks, production assets
- Launch fast and iterate often, incorporating user feedback and analytics into thoughtful and effective designs
- Experience building and rapidly iterating on interactive prototypes and other artifacts.
- 5+ years of experience with a strong knowledge of responsive design and development with a a minimum of 3 years of experience working with cross functional teams such as product, engineering, program management and corporate leaders.
- Must have experience turning requirements into beautiful intuitive designs.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
- We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.