- London, UK
Ancestry is the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to develop new experiences to help everyone, everywhere discover the story of what led to them. Ancestry offers a suite of family history products and services including AncestryDNA, Archives, ProGenealogists, Newspapers.com and Fold3. We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission- to help every person discover, preserve and share the story of what led to them.
Ancestry has more than 1,400 employees in locations across the globe. Headquartered in Utah, Ancestry has offices in San Francisco, Dublin, London, Sydney, and Munich.
Ancestry is looking for a talented Paid Search practitioner to join its cutting edge growth marketing team in San Francisco. With almost 10 million people in its consumer DNA network, Ancestry prides itself in bringing people together by helping them understand who they are, where they come from and their connections with each other.
The SEM manager role is a global role tasked with driving sales for our international businesses. This is an amazing chance for an experienced SEM ninja to expand her/his skillsets as the role also includes running point on google display network as well as paid media marketing on Amazon. In this role you will be responsible for developing, executing, optimizing and measuring campaigns that drive new customers to Ancestry. You will own the day-to-day management and reporting of multiple high-impact search engine marketing accounts.
What you will do:
- As our hands-on search marketing expert, you will manage, optimize and scale the paid search marketing channel, as well as piloting other biddable new channels
- As an innovator you would educate yourself and the extended team on the latest best practices as well as competitive landscape.
- Day-to-day campaign bid management and execution tactics across multiple search engines (e.g. Google, Bing, App Store, etc.) to exceed customer acquisition goals and maximize return on ad spend
- Grow PPC advertising on Amazon, a platform that is ripe for optimization and expansion
- Run point on GDN, developing this fledging channel and taking it to the next level
- Work closely with our in-house creative and developer teams to build unique software and technologies to support our partner’s growth
- Create SEM dashboards and monitor KPIs
- Identify opportunities for keyword, geography, and channel expansion
- Work closely with the broader team to devise and implement full-funnel user acquisition strategies, optimize bidding strategy, and drive landing pages and ad copy to improve channel performance
- Stay up-to-date on industry best practices and apply them as appropriate
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of experience managing search marketing campaigns and budgets at scale
- Deep understanding of Adwords strategies, keyword bidding, and best practices
- Ease with downstream metrics measurement and funnel optimization
- Comfortable analyzing large amounts of data
- Hyper-analytical and passionate about testing, data, and metrics
- A self-starter who is results-driven, focused and analytical
- Excellent communication skills
- A problem-solver at heart, finding innovative ways to drive growth for partners
- Bachelor’s degree
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry.com group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.