Senior User Experience Designer - Lehi
- Lehi, UT, USA
As a Senior UX Designer at Ancestry, you’ll work closely with customers, product managers, and software engineers to define, design, prototype, and update and create new products that can make the task of discovering family history easier, more interesting, and more enjoyable.
You should be an optimistic problem solver, and product designer who knows your industry like the back of your hand, and be skilled with the tools you’ll need to do your job.
What you will do:
- Provide strategic vision and direction in coordination with product managers and development partners.
- Design mobile apps and web-based products that are easy to use, beautiful, and delight our users.
- Produce deliverables including presentations, graphic designs, wireframes, interactive prototypes, usability reports, design specs, etc.
- Create high-quality work that inspires other designers.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience with both mobile and web design (in a B2C environment is a big plus)
- You will have a bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience in addition to the required 5 years of industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the value of design in a business context to peers, managers, and executives.
- You must have a track record working with cross functional teams such as product, engineering and marketing teams.
Please note that you must provide a link to your portfolio or case studies with your application.
Design That Matters
We have 2.5 million subscribers who use our site for a combined 5 million hours a week to enrich their understanding of themselves and their place in history. With your help we’ll attract even more enthusiastic users.
Enjoy Work and Life
We have critical UX problems to solve, but we also honor a healthy work/life balance. Though occasionally we indulge in 24-hour hack-a-thons (optional), we normally keep sane and fairly flexible work hours. After all, our business depends on strengthening family ties.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF993M)