Director, User Experience
- Lehi, UT, USA
Leading a team of talented User Experience designers, the Director of UX, primary responsibility will be to create highly engaging interactions that introduce new customers to a site that has real meaning in their lives.
The perfect person for this role is a business savvy UX leader who derives satisfaction in seeing customers see the value in Ancestry's products through thoughtful and enticing user engagements that excite and delight. It's through these engagements that new customers will discover Ancestry.com, AncestryDNA, Archives.com, Fold3, Newspapers.com, as well as in geographic markets in Europe, Mexico, Canada, and Australia.
- Direct the UX vision and help set the direction of our subscription and cross-selling experiences across our services.
- Understand customer and business needs and build great commerce experiences that bridge them beautifully
- Management and hiring of a team of product designers
- Significant experience in B2C commerce design
- Experience managing a team of product designers while balancing hands-on design.
- A track record of strong partnerships with product and engineering teams and demonstrated success working collaboratively with stakeholders, even those in remote offices.
- Excellent skills in informing design with qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong and broad UX skills
- A phenomenal portfolio especially rich with marketing, conversion, and commerce experience.
You are a creative individual with superb problem-solving skills. You like thinking of ways to attract new people and get them hooked on exploring a rich and deeply meaningful product. You totally “get” keeping users in the flow and enchanting them with moments of delight. Whether you leverage A/B testing or watching real people, you enjoy fine-tuning your designs to make a real impact to a company's bottom line.
Design That Matters:
We have 2.5 million subscribers who use our site to enrich their understanding of themselves and their place in history by researching their family. They use our site for a combined 5 million hours a week. With your help we’ll attract even more of them.
Enjoy Work - and Life:
We have intense UX problems to solve, but we also honor a healthy work/life balance. Though occasionally we indulge in 24-hour hack-a-thons (optional :-), we normally keep very sane and fairly flexible work hours. After all, our business depends on strengthening family ties.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF993M)