Senior Product Analyst (Data Science)
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry seeks a Senior Product Analyst (Data Science) to work in an exciting and dynamic area, with huge opportunity for learning. If you love diving into massive datasets but also want the opportunity to shape the vision and strategic role of Product Analytics then this may be the role for you. Working closely with members of Product, Marketing, Data Science and Engineering teams. You will define and report on key metrics, analyze customer behaviors/data, optimize our products and content and build tools/service to improve Analytics productivity.
What you will do
- As a key partner on the Product Management team, you will participate annual product planning, new product design, execution, review and continuous product feature improvement
- Prioritize product efforts by assessing opportunity size and forecasting macro impact
- Implement and analyze A/B or Multi-Variate Tests to measure the impact of product decisions and changes
Collaborate with business partners to identify critical business problems/key knowledge and translate them into technical analyses and deliver actionable insights
- Create dashboards, reports, and analyses that explain what happened and why
- Identify and understand various data sources; build tools and services to improve analysis and experimentation throughput, and work with Data Warehouse team to make online and offline data cross platforms available.
Who you are
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience at senior level analyzing product and content user behavior for online consumer software product, e.g. online shopping, social site, streaming services, gaming and etc.
- 2+ years of experience in each of following:
- using/implementing data tracking for user behavior
- analyzing very large datasets with SQL (Redshift, Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) and R, SAS or other statistical package.
- conducting product experiments and using Design of Experiment
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required. Masters/PhD in Statistics, Operation Research, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Technical requirements:
- Being able to write Python or R programming to run analysis on big Dataset is PLUS
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc)
- Strong research and analytical mindset and extremely detail-oriented
- Team player with positive and “can-do” altitude, excellent interpersonal skills, inquisitive, self-starter, energetic and striving in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal; ability to present data and its implications in a clear, concise manner; balanced technical and business perspectives.
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity, resilient
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Team: Product Analytics