Senior Front-End Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Design, build, enhance and maintain highly scalable web sites using industry standard technologies
- Identify and solve advanced technical challenges
- Interact with various stake holders to vet the technical requirements
- Work on AWS technologies such as ECS, Fargate etc.
- Write code that follows standards and best practices, especially around performance, stability and testability Work in a collaborative agile environment (SCRUM)
- Investigate and resolve customer issues in a timely-manner
Special skills/tools required for the job:
- Proven experience building scalable web sites
- Experience with React ecosystem and NodeJS is a big plus
- 2 years of experience working and deploying applications in a cloud environment (AWS or Azure)
- 3 years of experience building RESTful services in a micro services environment
- Strong understanding of data structures and design patterns
- Continuous Integration/Continuous deployment experience
- Strong command-line experience using remote access Linux
- Experience working within an Agile development environment
- Should be a self-starter and fast learner with the willingness to learn
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a good team player
- Willingness to mentor junior members of the team
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.